- GST 101 Introduction to Global Studies
- GST 202 Globalization and Social Justice
- GST 290 Global Engagement (1 credit)
- GST 303 Case Studies in Globalization (social science core)
- GST 480: Capstone I (intensive writing II proficiency)
- GST 481: Capstone II (oral communication proficiency)
- Two Upper Lever GST Electives
- Four Concentration Specific Courses:
Four courses focused on global topics, region, language and/ or culture tailored around individual student interests and approved by student advisor and GST chairperson. These courses should be additional courses beyond other global studies major requirements with at least one being an upper-level course.
- One Political Science Elective
- One Economics Elective
- Two 200 Level or Higher Courses in the same Foreign Language Global Studies majors are required to start or continue their study of a second (or third) language that would align with their academic goals and professional objectives.
- Cultural Immersion Experience: International Experience *
- Full semester, academic year or summer
- Must include an internship, service-learning, and or community-based action research project
*In light of the College’s recent decision to suspend international immersion experiences in the Fall 2020, the Global Studies department has deemed appropriate to waive the study abroad/away requirement for majors for the foreseeable future. We are committed to pursue alternative avenues to support your cultural immersion, and encourage you to reach out to us to engage in conversations that address this matter.